Ivan,

Thank you for detailed answers! I would put a great care to
@RunWith(JUnitPlatform.class) construction. As stated in junit5 docs
[1] it does not support all features and unfortunately it is not clear
how limited it is. Also, it is some kind of transitional mechanism
which was not designed for being a long term solution.

And I fully support an idea of refactoring GridAbstractTest. I think
it is possible to make a significant improvement here.

[1]
https://junit.org/junit5/docs/current/user-guide/#running-tests-junit-platform-runner

--
Best regards,