Vyacheslav,

Thank you for your interest in making Ignite coding style better.

The short answer is - there are no different checkstyle
configurations. One for the JetBrains Inspections, and one the
Checkstyle plugin. This is a completely different approach for
checking the Ignites source code.

Currently, we have two different configurations for the JetBrains IDEA
Inspection check:
 - ignite\.idea\inspectionProfiles\Project_Default.xml - this is
default on the IDE level and used silently by every developer whos
checkout Ignite project (it remains)
 - ignite\idea\ignite_inspections_teamcity.xml - this is the
configuration of the inspection for the TC suite (it will be deleted)
It's unobvious to maintain both of them. Previously we've planned to
fix all the inspection rules one by one and add them one by one to the
TC inspection configuration file (something like storing the
intermediate result), but it didn't happen cause the inspection TC
suite got broken after migration to 2018 version.

Now it seems to me, that it is better to use the best open source
practices like checkstyle plugin (380K usages on github repositories)
rather than proprietary software. So, we will:
 - keep IDE level inspection configuration (the Project_Default.xml config);
 - add a new checkstyle plugin configuration file (checkstyle.xml
config) which will be used simultaneously for checking code style on
build procedure and for the IDE-checkstyle plugin;