Hello, Ivan.

> Ignite is a cluster which almost every
> time assumes an external monitoring for a production use.

+1.

> 1. Are we going to preserve a compatibility with metrics present
> before? Or are we going to keep only those making sense today?

1. Backward compatibility preserved.
2. Deprecated metrics(and metric APIs) will be removed in Ignite 3.
3. We should make a decision what numbers are "make sense" and what don't.

> 2. Can we configure which supported metrics are calculated/exposed? Or
> do we calculate/expose everything every time?

1. You can configure filter for the exposed metrics. Only required subset of
the metric will be exported.
2. For now, all metrics(not lists!) will be calculated. Please, note, that
every metrics is the simple long(double) counter.