> What do you mean by "exponential bounds"?

Something like this if we talk about latency in ms for example: 5, 10,
25, 50, 100, 200, 500, ...

> Thanks, for the feedback, appreciate you ownesty.

Nothing personal. It is just about functionality from user's stand point.

> What is your proposal?
> How metrics configuration should work?

My proposal is simple: just drop this change. We don't need the
configuration. Metric owner (developer) defines buckets' bounds for
each particular case (it could be done uniformly or exponentially, it
depends on metric and problem definition).