Thank you for the reply.

Quoting Alexei Scherbakov <alexey.scherbak...@gmail.com>:
Lucene and spatial indexes do not support persistence.
This is known limitation which would probably be addressed in the future
releases.

I think this limitation should at least be mentioned in the documentation then:

https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/geospatial-support

It would be even better to handle this unsupported use case in the code as well instead of throwing a NullPointerException. I can add this check as improvement to the Ignite code if this is wanted and agreed. But I need a hint on what would be the right place to add this check in the code base.

Thanks,

Jan