Folks,

As many of you know, these days I mostly contribute by optimizing our
website, preparing different content including documentation/articles, and
presenting the project at various events. One of the continuous website
activities we undertake together with Mauricio and Ignacio is search engine
optimization (SEO). It helps our website to be ranked higher by search
engines for user searches falling in categories of in-memory caches, grids,
databases, etc. (check this simple guide [1] if you'd like to learn the
internals of SEO).

After checking the results of our recent user questionnaire [2] and
confirming key capabilities with use cases Ignite is selected for, we
decided to put more effort into the SEO. And, in addition to the keywords
optimizations, we invested some time into the structural and UI changes of
the website trying to make the experience better and, as a result, be
ranked higher.

So, today we'd like to share our first results and check your thoughts. In
particular, pay attention to:

   - The new UI - instead of a dark and bloody theme, we decided to
   experiment with a more lightweight and contemporary design.
   - A new main page structure with the following blocks - banner, use
   cases, features, quicks links + tweeter feed.
   - Updated navigation menu - kept essential or highly-ranked pages.

Do NOT pay attention to the following yet (we're ready to carry on with the
items below once hear your feedback):

   - Text on the front page will be massaged and tweaked going forward to
   get better SEO. Presently, something might sound off to you.
   - Secondary pages are broken from the UI and structure standpoint
   - Some of the pages of the navigation menu, such as Videos, are not
   created yet.

Alright, we deployed our branch to this test server. Go and check:
http://157.245.190.104 (user: ignite, pass: apache2020)

[1] https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo
[2]
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Ignite-Evolution-Direction-short-questionary-td44577.html