Alex,

Thank you for diving into this.
Indeed, custom node filters seem to have some issues.

1. For .NET, I'm fairly certain that we don't need custom node filters.
Let's just make AttributeNodeFilter available natively (as a .NET class).

2. For Java, we should at least fix the "call filter on every cache op"
behavior -
should be a simple fix.