Hello, Alexey.

> Nikolay,  for spring autoconfigure, did you do this manually or does maven
> allow to  granularly upgrade the modules' version?

Manually.

> I thought the extensions should be tested against the latest released Ignite
> version

It seems, we should try to keep extension Ignite version agnostic.
If it impossible, then yes, we should use latest Ignite version.

> Does each extension being a submodule of a single project cause any  trouble?
> For example, when we release a certain module, we would want to  bump the
> project version, but only for this specific submodule

I think it’s OK to have separate version for each submodule.

> Do we currently use ignite nightly builds for extensions  testing?

Actually, I don’t know such thing as «extensions testing» :)
I test it manually on my local laptop during release.