Thanks, guys. It looks like we are much closer to the consensus now. I
totally on board with the plan, but I would also like to address the
short-term needs. As I've already mentioned earlier, there are several
active IEPs, but we still don't have even a preliminary technical process
for working on these IEPs. I believe this might be frustrating for the
folks who would like to commit code.

The scope we agreed on is quite big, and it will surely take significant
time to implement all the changes and stabilize them. Therefore, it's clear
to me that we will have to maintain 2.x and 3.x in parallel for quite some
time - this needs to be addressed somehow. I'm convinced that having a
separate repo is the ONLY way to do that, and so far, I haven't heard any
clear alternatives or reasons why we shouldn't do this.

That said, I'm inclined to proceed with this in the next few days - I will
create a repo and describe the process (which we, of course, can discuss
and modify going forward). Let's, at the very least, try and see where it
leads us.

If someone has any concrete alternative options on how to we can maintain
two major versions in parallel, let's have another voice discussion this
Friday. If we do the meeting, we should set it up with a clear goal to make
a decision. Please let me know if there is interest in this.

-Val