Igniters,

With this vote, I'd like to formally wrap up our discussion on defining
Ignite as a "distributed database" instead of an "in-memory computing"
platform. See the following discussion for the rationale and context:
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSSION-Renaming-Ignite-s-product-category-td49246.html

If the vote passes, the website will define Ignite as "a distributed
database for in-memory speed at petabyte scale" to underscore our in-memory
origins (and the primary reason why the project is selected) but not
diminishing our persistence capabilities. All prominent use cases such as
caching, high-performance computing, etc. will remain visible on the
website. There is nothing wrong if a distributed database is used as a
cache or high-performance compute cluster; it's up to an application
developer to decide.

Overall, please cast your vote for defining Ignite as a "distributed
database":
+1 - support the change
-1 - disagree with the change, explain why
0 - neutral

This is a majority vote that is open for the next 7 days and to be closed
on Monday, Nov 30th:
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?year=2020&month=11&day=30

-