This is an awesome idea.

Honestly, I can't come up with strong technical arguments for Java 11 as a
source level, I had no chance to work with it long enough, but it feels
like a
proper time to move to a "modern" technology. Subjectively I can say that
Java 11 has a lot of good optimization and Ignite should run better on it.
So
it makes no sense to compile for 8 but recommend 11, you know.

--
Sincerely yours,
Ivan Bessonov