Igniters,

The repository for Ignite 3.x [1] was created less than a month ago, and we
already have several merged pull requests. Many thanks to everyone involved
for the contributions!

Currently, we have the following functionality available in the main branch:

   - New configuration framework which is compatible with the HOCON format.
   - The “ignite-runner” module, which currently incorporates the
   aforementioned configuration framework and REST endpoints to interact with
   the framework.
   - The first version of the unified CLI tool.

This set of features does not include any actual Ignite APIs. However, it
clearly demonstrates the basic mechanics of how the product will be
installed and upgraded, how the user will interact with it, etc. I would
like to use this to gather feedback from the community in the early stages.

To make sure the experience is as close to real life as possible, I want to
deliver what we have as an alpha release, meaning that all the required
binaries will be deployed on the website and in Maven. There will also be
some basic documentation describing how to install and use the product.
This way, anyone will be able to download the product and try it out.

My main question here -- do we need a formal vote for such a build? Or it
can be treated as a release candidate?

Any other thoughts?

[1] https://github.com/apache/ignite-3

-Val