Igniters,

After we release a version, we create a docs-specific branch out of the
release branch for inevitable documentation improvements (feedback; generic
changes that are committed to the master, and the last published version).
For instance, once 2.9 was released from the "ignite-2.9" branch, we
created the "ignite-2.9-docs" branch whose content is published on the
website (https://ignite.apache.org/docs/2.9.0/). The only reason why
"ignite-2.9-docs" is created is to follow an internally defined process
that prohibits commits to an already released branch such as "ignite-2.9".

Can we remove this restriction, at least for documentation changes? We're
approaching the 2.9.1 release. The 2.9.1 docs will be published from the
"ignite-2.9.1" branch as the rest of the release artifacts. Then, over
time, we'll be improving the pages and need to publish changes for ignite
2.9.1 on the website (until it stays the latest released version). We'd
like to cherry-pick those changes to "ignite-2.9.1" and not to create
another branch such as "ignite-2.9.1-docs" for that.

-