Alexei,

> we already have ways to control a listener's behavior
No, we don't have a way to fix current broken and dangerous behavior
globally.
You should not expect the user to fix every async call manually.

> commonPool can alter existing deployments in unpredictable ways,
> if commonPool is heavily used for other purposes
Common pool resizes dynamically to accommodate the load [1]
What do you think about Stan's suggestion to use our public pool instead?

[1]
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/ForkJoinPool.html