Maksim,

The ScanQuery API provides a filter as
> param that for case of index query should be splitted on such conditions.
> It looks like a non-trivial task.

ScanQuery, TextQuery and partially SQL query share the same infrastructure.
I've thought we could extend, improve and reuse some ScanQuery code that
already works fine: map query on topology, IO, batching.
Add IndexCondition alongside the Filter, and abstract query executor from
source (primary and secondary Indexes).
Add a sorted merge algorithm to the query merge stage. It can be very
useful also for TextQueries that suffers from the absence of sorted merge
and a "limit' condition work incorrectly.

If you think it will be too hard than creating from scratch, I'm ok.

3. Ignite creates a proxy object that is filled with objects that are
> inlined. If a user tries to access a field that isn't inlined or not
> indexed, then deserialization will start and Ignite will log.warn() about
> that.

Agree, this can be faster.
I don't like the idea a user code will be executed inside BTree operation,
any exception can cause FailureHandler triggering and stop the node.

There is one more thing that could be improved.
ScanQuery now iterates over per-partition PK Hash index trees and has
performance issues on a small grid with a large number of partitions.
So, there are many partitions on every node and many trees should be
scanned.
In this case scan over a secondary index gives significant boots even if
every row is materialized, because we need to traverse over a single tree
per-node.
Having the ability to run a ScanQuery over a secondary index (if one
exists) instead of PK Hash will be great.

--
Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov