Alexei,

The API looks good to me, except "runInTransaction", which I find confusing.

It looks like every operation performed by the passed Consumer will be
automatically enlisted in a transaction,
but, looking at tests, "withTx" call is still required inside the Consumer.

I don't think we need this method at all, it barely provides any
convenience but may confuse some users.