Ivan,

1. It will be clean. It will actually be better: good to know when build
failure is caused by a config change, right?

2. Can you please provide an example in a well-known open-source project
other than Ignite?

Btw, I was always against moving thin clients into separate repos. Monorepo
approach in some large companies is used for a reason.
Dealing with multiple repositories is always hard.