Alexei,

I agree that runInTransaction is confusing and error-prone.

But we already have view.withTransaction(), which seems to be the most
boilerplate-free approach.
The example above will look like this:

public void testMixedPutGet() throws TransactionException {
        RecordView<Tuple> view = accounts.recordView();

        view.upsert(makeValue(1, BALANCE_1));

        RecordView<Tuple> txView = view.withTransaction();

        txView.getAsync(makeKey(1)).thenCompose(r ->
txView.upsertAsync(makeValue(1, r.doubleValue("balance") + DELTA),
tx)).thenCompose(txView.transaction().commitAsync()).join();

        assertEquals(BALANCE_1 + DELTA,
view.get(makeKey(1)).doubleValue("balance"));
}

Is there any problem with this?