Maksim, thank you for the suggestion.

I've never used NullAway, but after having a quick look I think it might be
an overkill, since it is a plugin for the ErrorProne, which is a separate
tool. I recall some efforts of introducing ErrorProne to Ignite 3 and they
were not successful. But again, I don't have much experience in that
regard. I wonder if IDEA inspections would be enough, since they are easy
to use during development and AFAIK are already run during the TC builds.

Regarding Ignite 2, I don't know if it would be viable to add these
annotations to the existing code (in order to have meaningful checks),
since the codebase is so large. But nevertheless we can try to adopt the
same approach there as well.

--
With regards,
Aleksandr Polovtcev