Right, it doesn’t need to be the same — exposing partitions in this manner is
weird — but I think we need to support bulk operations in some capacity.
Creating a compute job for each record would quickly get unmanageable and
broadcast isn’t equivalent as it doesn’t take into account the possibility of
partitions migrating during calculations.