Hi. In general proposal looks good to me, but I agree with Andrey that sticking to same *major.minor* is too much. From my perspective using same major is enough. It still will make it easier to understand correlation between spring and corresponding extension module, meanwhile preserving enough room for maneuvering.

For example, what it someone would like to develop some additional features in the spring extension module, in this case we supposed to increase minor version. So I don't see any issues with having independent minor versions.