> 1. I think that the "streamData" method has quite a lot of parameters. Can
> we reduce their number by introducing a holder class, for example
> "ReceiverOptions" or "ReceiverConfig"?

I think that's ok. The last 3 parameters are consistent with the Compute
API.

> 2. Can you please elaborate on the "motivation" section a bit? It's very
> brief and it's not clear what use cases you are going to cover.

Added Use Cases section there.

> 3. Why do we need to be able to serialize user data into a "string"? It
> will be converted to a byte array anyway. Can we make the return type of
> the "payloadFunc" more strict? Also, what is this function needed for,
> apart from serialization? If serialization is its main purpose, maybe we
> should reflect that in its type/parameter name?

String is just an example, it can be of any supported type. Yes, byte[]
would be a better choice for serialization.

The function is needed to extract the data to be sent to the server from
the raw incoming data.

> 4. Can you please elaborate on the "deploymentUnits" parameter? Are these
> the units that contain the receiver classes? Can you please reflect that
in
> the documentation?

Those are the same deployment units we have in the Compute API, please see
the "Receiver Deployment" section.

> 5. It would be nice to have an example of a receiver implementation in the
> IEP.

Done