On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 4:28 PM, Andrew Sherman <asher...@cloudera.com>
wrote:

> Hi Todd,
>
> I am making a simple fix for
> IMPALA-6568 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-6568> add
> missing
> Query Compilation section to profiles.
> which would add the Timeline to all responses to createExecRequest.
>
> It sounds like your change is more deep. If you go ahead with your change
> it  sounds like my change might be redundant.

I'm not sure if it's totally redundant. Do you have a WIP patch already?
I'm not sure why the existing timeline doesn't show up in all statement
types, so maybe some changes are needed related to that, and then those
changes will still be necessary when exposing a full profile node?

Agreed we're likely to conflict, at the least, though. Do you have an
estimate of when your patch will be up for review so we can coordinate
which one goes in first?

-Todd