Hi All,

I would like to pick up Quanlong's and Jim's idea from a different thread
and organize a video call for the larger Impala development community. This
meeting will be open to all contributors, regardless of being a committer
or not. The goal of the first meeting will be that everyone gets to
introduce themselves and say "Hi!", and to have a discussion about nested
type support for ORC files. Additionally it will allow us to evaluate the
format of such a session itself and whether we want to do it again.

We have larger groups of contributors in PST and CET and I know of
committers in Beijing and Seoul. Looking at potential meeting times
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?month=1&day=22&year=2019&p1=50&p2=235&p3=33&p4=283&iv=0>
it seems that there is no time that would be convenient for all 4 time
zones. Of course contributors in other timezones are also invited to join.

Please respond to this email if you're interested in joining such a
meeting, and include your timezone in your response. I'll then try to find
a suitable time for everyone who replies, or put up a poll.

Cheers, Lars