> [Nishidha] We found two new source code URLs as one mentioned in Confluence
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-impala.git and another to
> be https://github.com/apache/incubator-impala.
> Commits wise both look same, though former one says "wip" in the URL. Please
> suggest the URL to be forked and worked upon.

I don't know exactly what you mean by "forked" in this context. You
should use the repo referred to as "asf-gerrit" in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/How+to+switch+to+Apache-hosted+git

> [Nishidha] Okay. So, after CLA, can we work directly on Apache's Impala or
> we'll need to fork it into our repository and create a new branch from
> master, and then generate PRs/Gerrit code reviews from it?

I don't understand this question, but let me try and clarify some
things that may help you answer it.

All of Impala's commits get code reviews on gerrit.

We don't use PRs.

> [Nishidha] Which CI do you have or working on?

Cloudera uses Jenkins.

> What is the expected timeline for your CI to be publicly available?

You can follow https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-3228 to learn
about updates.

Apache projects are sometimes referred to as "do-ocracies". If you
would like to find a CI hosting provider that will support Apache
Impala, you are welcome to help - you don't have to be an Impala
committer or a CLoudera employee to help.

> 1. Would you suggest me to start a new thread for branch discussion,
> although I created a gist in github.com
> https://gist.github.com/npanpaliya/bd58e554370455babc5c4f290e4b1723 for the
> same?

Yes. Apache Impala project direction discussions are unlikely to
happen on private gists.