I would like to volunteer to be the next release manager for an
upcoming Apache Impala 2.7 (incubating) release. I plan to:

1. Get a vote done adding to our bylaws the procedure for creating a
branch. (See thread from yesterday)

2. Create a release branch, possibly backdated a few commits from HEAD
to a commit that looks stable.

3. Maintain that branch by cherry-picking bugfix commits from "master"
as necessary to get the tests running cleanly.

4. Make a release candidate and call for a vote here, then on the IPMC
list (which is required for Incubator releases)

Obviously, this glosses over some details about publishing and signing
releases, but I would welcome feedback on this outline.