bin/clean.sh calls "git clean -Xdfq" for be/ and shell/. The reasoning
behind using -X seems to be that we use the .gitignore file to specify
build products in these folders. Thus, we remove all those known build
products, but keep untracked artifacts around. I don't know a better way to
do this, so I pushed a change to move the config file in question one level
up in the directory structure: https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/4850/