I don't think we have a test table in 'functional' with negative values. As far as I can tell, the table 'functional.overflow' is a text table that contains values that are larger/smaller than the maximum/minimum type declare for that column. When overflowing during a text scan, Impala will materialize the max value for that column (based on the column type in the schema), whereas Hive will return NULL or -Infinity. So I'd say the behavior you are seeing is expected.
Alex On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 4:14 PM, Lars Volker <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi all, > > while writing tests for IMPALA-3909 I tried to find a test table in > 'functional' that has non-pathologic negative integer and float values but > couldn't find one. Does anyone know of a table with negative values in it? > > I did find functional.overflow, but Hive returns NULL when querying it. Is > that expected or a Hive bug? > > Thanks a lot, Lars >
