Hi all,

I've noticed that status-benchmark.cc takes 8+ minutes to compile on my dev
box. It seems this is due to use of macro expansions to unroll a loop 1000x
for the benchmarks.

Whether that's actually a useful benchmark that reflects real-life usage of
Status, I'm not sure. But I'd wager that no one is looking at the results
of this benchmark on a regular basis, and maybe we could remove or disable
it for a normal build?

Any objections to a patch which either disables the unrolling (subject to
an #ifdef that could be easily re-enabled) or removes the benchmark from
CMakeLists.txt (also easy to re-enable)? This is by far the long pole in my
compilation.

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon