I've been contacted by the members of the editorial board of the new
Encyclopedia of Big Data asking if we can contribute an entry for Impala.
Here are some details:

Each entry contribution should not be more than 2-3 pages in length
including figures and references. Please feel free to recruit one or two
more co-authors, if you choose. Just let us know who will be responsible
for this entry.

The current timeline for the project is as follows:

- Authors submitting their entries --> 15 November 2017
- Section Editors release the first batch of accepted and approved entries
--> 15 December 2017
- Section Editors release the second batch of revised, accepted and
approved entries -->  31 January 2018

Let me know if there any volunteers (it doesn't have to be a single person)
interested in writing the Impala entry and I will bring you in touch with
the members of the editorial board.

Regards
Dimitris