This does sound like a bug. What version are you using? Do you see any
errors in the catalog logs?
I think a global invalidate metadata should work, and it's a bit less
intrusive than a catalog restart. In general, it is a good idea to do
all metadata operations from Impala if you are using Impala at all, it
helps a lot in making metadata operations seamless.