As I mentioned ... most of the emails here are not commit messages. Even if
they appear to be, they are actually emails sent from people using the
review-functionality of Github.
The reason they are being sent here, is that it's an Apache philosophy that all
discussions must be taken back to the list.
I particularly don't like this online-review feature and usually tend to just
discuss issues of a PR in a mail thread on the list.

Chris