Hello,
     My name is Jenson, and I am working at Alibaba now. I am very
interested in Apache IoTDB and I would like to contribute some codes when I
am not busy with work. But I got stuck in starting the IoTDB client when
following the instructions of Doc
<http://iotdb.apache.org/#/Documents/Quick%20Start> . Here are the problems
I encountered during my trial :

   1.      1he location of  `start-client.sh` mentioned in the document is
   wrong.  In the document, it says `Let $IOTDB_HOME =
   /xxx/incubator-iotdb/iotdb/iotdb/` and we can start client using this
   command: `$IOTDB_HOME/bin/start-client.sh`. But in fact, this
   `start-client.sh` script is in the directory: ` /xxx/
   incubator-iotdb/iotdb-cli/cli`.
   2.         Cannot find the main class
   `org.apache.iotdb.cli.client.Client` error. When I try to start the client,
   it will throw this exception mentioned above. After looking into the script
   named `start-client.sh`, I found the following codes:

```
MAIN_CLASS=org.apache.iotdb.cli.client.Client

CLASSPATH=""
for f in ${IOTDB_HOME}/lib/*.jar; do
  CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}":"$f
done
```
    So the reason is that the required jars to start IoTDB client are not
in the correct lib directory. After I copy all the jars in
`/xxx/incubator-iotdb/iotdb-cli/cli/lib` to
`/xxx/incubator-iotdb/iotdb/iotdb/lib`, this problem is solved.

        3.   After solving the problem in Step 2, I can finally start the
client. But unfortunately, it hangs:
[image: image.png]
      And there is also an exception thrown in IoTDB server:

[image: image.png]
      I don't know what caused this problem, and please help me out.

Thanks!
Jenson