Hi all,

as we already discussed here [1], I think that it would be really good for the
project to be represented with a  talk at ApacheCon NA.
I took the liberty to prepare an abstract for the project and suggest that we
submit this abstract.
If some of the initial committers like Xiangdong manage to come to the
Conference, it would be great if they do the presentation.
Otherwise, I can also do it (and we can assemble the slights together or so).

So please let me know what you think of this suggestion and how you like this
abstract:

Hello World! Introducing Apache IoTDB - a Database for the Internet of Things

Apache IoTDB (incubating) is one of the youngest projects in the Apache
Incubator. It is an integrated data management engine designed for timeseries
data, based on a file format which is able to store timeseries data very
efficiently. It provides users specific services for data collection, storage
and analysis. Due to its lightweight structure, high performance and usable
features together with its good integration with Apache Hadoop and Apache
Spark, it can meet the requirements of massive dataset storage, high-speed data
ingestion and complex data analysis for industrial IoT applications.
As the project is very new to the ASF, the talk has three objectives. First,
introduce Apache IoTDB to the world. Second, to give an overview about the
architecture of the project and the technologies used inside and third, to give
an idea how IoTDB integrates with other Apache Projects and where it fits in
the (IoT) data processing ecosystem.

Best
Julian

[1]