Hi,

I think source or datasource is good, and it's better to use, or at least add
the tags and fields, because many TSDBs use these conceptual module.

Some feasible schema organization ways and "select * from the table" results:

(1) Each type of datasource is a table, which has a time column, some tag
columns and some field columns.

Table: sourceType
time tag1,  field1, field2
1, device1, 1, 1
2, device1, 2, 2
2, device2, 2, 2

(2) Each datasource is a table with some tags. Each table has a time column,
and some field columns. (Tags of one datasource may be not changed, so just see
it as metadata.)

Table: source1(tag1=device1)
time, field1, field2
1, 1, 1