Hi,

Sorry this week I have few time to pay attention to the project
development, but I have met many real users of IoTDB in factories and
companies and introduced IoTDB to many new users recently.

Then I notice that one of the main exceptions that users met is the version
incompatible between the client and the server.
(many users are trying 0.9.0-SANPSHT for a POC).

So, I suggest that from 0.9 on, when the client connect to a server, the
client need to check the version compatibility first, and show the error
message (if there is) to users friendly.

Even for the snapshot version, we can also add a temporary version to
guarantee users can find why the client does not work.

Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东