Hi folks,

These days I discussed with Julian and find that.. we have so many issues
on JIRA and some design documents on the website, but guys in the community
may still hard to follow them because they may do not know why there is
such a feature, or why the design looks like this.

Julian suggests holding a hangout to discuss such questions.

I think it is a good idea, and I'd like to set it as a regular discussion
(e.g., every 2~3 weeks).

The form can be an online hangout (e.g., using Zoom), quite looks like an
online meetup, but not as formal as a meetup (it is a little hard at the
beginning because many guys are Chinese but we have to discuss in English).
We just want to give some space to let interested persons discuss the new
feature of IoTDB and the design of IoTDB.

Before starting such an online hangout, we can collect the topics that
wanted to be discussed, e.g., why issue IOTDB-XXX is proposed, how to
implement IOTDB-XXX...

After the hangout, we can record useful information and save them as our
docs. (So to follow the Apache Way, everything is on the mailing list)

How do you think?

Best,
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University