Hi,

> Should the IPMC consider a vote by a mentor who is an IPMC member to be
> a defacto +1 on the IPMC level?  So if 3 mentors voted on the release
> vote, why even bring it to the IPMC?  Is there a veto with PPMC releases?

There are no vetos on releases but an important issue might be found by an IPMC
member and the RM decide not to release. I’ve seen this happen a few times, but
it’s fairly rare to get 3 +1 mentors votes on releases. Releasing something
that gets one or more -1 vote is ever rarer I think.

I saw a release the other day that had 3 +1 PMC votes but a committer noticed
someone and voted -1 (a non binding vote) on it and it wasn’t released which
generally is the right course of action.

Thanks,
Justin