HI Xiangdong,

it seems however that for SNAPSHOTs we're not generating and deploying these
source jars.

Also I encountered another thing:
It seems that when using the CLI this is fixed to a timezone, which seems to be
+08:00 (Guess somewhere in China).
It would however be good, if the local systems timezone was used instead. I had
to edit the default properties and recompile IoTDB in order to access IoTDB
using the CLI with a different timezone.

Chris

Am 06.09.20, 17:00 schrieb "Xiangdong Huang" <saint...@gmail.com>:

    Hi Chris,

    Thanks for trying IoTDB as a user role. :D

    > so how about we rename that parameter to “rpcPort”?

    Totally agree.

    > so in IntelliJ I couldn’t easily debug as it was using its
    auto-decompiled sources

    I do not get your issue.. If you claim iotdb jars in your project's pom
    file,  then in IDEAJ,  I think it can download the source code of the jars
    automatically and then it will be easy to debug.

    > Wanted to use IntelliJs JDBC panel to see what my service is writing in
    the beginning I got errors that the remote was hanging up and on the server
    side I could read that some thrift-frame-size stuff was wrong.

    Which version of the iotdb and jdbc? I think from 0.9.x on, we are trying
    to add version detection.. (though we have not implement it very well)

    Best,
    Xiangdong Huang
    School of Software, Tsinghua University

     黄向东