Hi

We want to introduce a new wildcard **, to improve the DDL and DML of IoTDB-SQL.

As we all know, a time series is represented by a full path from the
root node to the measurement node in the metadata tree. The existing
wildcard *, when used in the path, represents one level of the
metadata tree and one or more levels when used at the tail of the
path.

After introducing wildcard **, we want wildcard ** to represent one or
more levels of the MTree wherever used in the path, and wildcard * to
only represent one level even if used at the tail of the path.

Besides, we want to define the path given by a sql statement as a
pattern of the target paths rather than a prefix.

Some SQL statements' meaning may be different from the old versions.
Here are some detailed examples and explanations of the wildcard
usage. Please refer to https://shimo.im/docs/8c3Qrp88ph39QHdv/

Best
Yukun Zhou
School of Software, Tsinghua University