Von: Xiangdong Huang <saint...@gmail.com>
Datum: Mittwoch, 20. Oktober 2021 um 15:13
An: dev <dev@iotdb.apache.org>
Betreff: [DISCUSS] use different docker image name for iotdb modules
Hi,

Now all iotdb's docker images are under apache/iotdb, e.g.,

- apache/iotdb:0.12.2-node for the single node module
- apache/iotdb:0.12.2-cluster for the cluster module

and
- apache/iotdb:0.12.2-grafana for the grafana connector module

In this way, we actually use the version of the images to distinguish
different modules.

The advantage is that users can find all images in one webpage [1]

The disadvantage is that it is hard to define the tag of "latest".

The problem will be more serious when using docker-compose, for example,
we may write a docker-compose file for starting iotdb server, grafana,
iotdb-grafana-connector:

```
services:
    iotdb:
      image: apache/iotdb:0.12.2-node
    grafana-connector:
      image: apache/iotdb:0.12.2-grafana
```

Then we can not use "latest" and we have to maintain docker-compose
file for each version.
If we separate the docker repo into individuals, then we never do not
need to maintain the docker compose file:

```
services:
    iotdb:
      image: apache/iotdb
    grafana-connector:
      image: apache/iotdb-grafana
```
and the docker compose file will use the "latest" version directly.

So, my idea is, apply 3 repos for iotdb docker images:
- iotdb, for iotdb-node
- iotdb-cluster, for the cluster module
- iotdb-grafana, for iotdb-grafana-connecotr module.

How do you think?

[1] https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/iotdb

Best,
Xiangdong Huang