I support the change. It seems a lot less "confusing".
But can you list the result set of the statement before and after the change?

发件人: Zhou Yifu<mailto:efuu1...@outlook.com>
发送时间: 2022年8月3日 11:42
收件人: dev<mailto:dev@iotdb.apache.org>
主题: [IOTDB-4030] Simplify Privilege Operations SQL

Hi all,

Currently, we have a plenty of privilege operations sql which are unfriendly
for users. So I try to simplify these privileges operations sql because some of
them are redundant and confusing.

Combine 'LIST ROLE PRIVILEGES <roleName>' and 'LIST PRIVILEGES ROLE <roleName>
on <paths>' to 'LIST PRIVILEGES ROLE <roleName> (on <paths>)?

Combine 'LIST USER PRIVILEGES <userName>' and 'LIST PRIVILEGES USER <userName>
on <paths>' to 'LIST PRIVILEGES USER <userName> (on <paths>)?

Combine 'LIST USER' and 'LIST ALL USER OF ROLE <roleName>' to 'LIST USER (OF
ROLE <roleName>)?

Combine 'LIST ROLE' and 'LIST ALL ROLE OF USER <userName>' to 'LIST ROLE (OF
USER <userName>)?

Feel free to discuss here, thanks a lot!

Regards,
Yifu Zhou

从 Windows 版邮件<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>发送