Hi,

Could you explain what will happen after a region being created manually in
detail? And I have some questions about this SQL
1. Does the exist data under the prefixPath will be automatically migrated to
the new region?
2. Does the prefixPath must be a storage group name, or any arbitrary prefix
path?

在 2022/8/18 10:50,“Yongzao Dan”<532741...@qq.com.INVALID> 写入:

    Hi,
    &nbsp; I'm planning to add a SQL for IoTDB cluster version. Here are the
details of this SQL:

    &nbsp; Motivation:&nbsp;We don't have enough evidence to design an
optimal&nbsp;RegionGroup&nbsp;expansion algorithm yet.&nbsp;
    If a large number of devices are created in a StorageGroup and the
SeriesPartitionSlot is filled, the current algorithm cannot
expand&nbsp;RegionGroup&nbsp;anymore.&nbsp;
    Therefore, we need a special SQL to enable DBA
expand&nbsp;RegionGroup&nbsp;manually.

    &nbsp; Syntax Definition: create (data | schema) region on
prefixPath(Represent a specific StorageGroup)

    &nbsp; Function Definition: Create a new data/schema RegionGroup for the
specific StorageGroup.

    Yongzao Dan,