发件人: Jialin Qiao<mailto:qiaojia...@apache.org>
发送时间: 2022年11月18日 16:15
收件人: dev@iotdb.apache.org<mailto:dev@iotdb.apache.org>
主题: Re: Add constraint to the length of database name

+1
—————————————————
Jialin Qiao
Apache IoTDB PMC

周钰坤 <zykun0...@gmail.com> 于2022年11月18日周五 15:44写道:

Hi,

We want to add constraint to the length of database name, as most
popular database systems have such constraint as well, for example the
length of database name in Mysql shall not exceed 64. Currently, the
maximum length of database name, including "root.",  is *64* and it is
immutable. Such constraint can help avoid some bugs of database and region
management, since we use database names in the directory name, which shall
not exceed the max name length defined by file system.

best regards
Yukun Zhou, Tsinghua University