Hi all,

So, I brought this up before but bringing it up again as it’s limiting us more
and more.

We are still using dependency versions that force us sticking to the old Javax
namespace. However, this is no longer supported and most projects have migrated
to the new Jakarta namespace.

Us sticking to Javax for example is causing problems when using the most recent
Spring versions … we are forced to stay in the 2.x branch of Spring.

Also are we forced to not update some dependencies, for which newer versions
are available, as these projects migrated to Jakarta and we’re stuck at the
last version they still used Javax.

I think we really need to update.

I know we said that first we should release 3.1 … that’s now done, so when can
we start this undertaking?

Chris