Hi Isis devs,

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM, Dan Haywood <d...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
wrote:

> Thanks for the comments, Kevin.  Within.
>

> On 10 June 2014 20:28, Kevin Meyer - KMZ <ke...@kmz.co.za> wrote:
>

> > > This implies that the DnD
> > > viewer will be retired.
> >
> > By the way: A DnD viewer can be later re-implemented, if so desired.
> >

> Indeed, probably on of the RO API.
>
>  >

> >  > 4. Improved support for Shiro
> > >

> > The discussions I've had and heard regarding other application
> > development suites lead me to believe that this would be an extremely
> > useful add-on!  I'd almost like to request that this be the first thing
> > worked on, before any of the fundamental changes listed above.
> >
> > But that's just my wish.
> >

> Jeroen has already started on this, because Estatio needs a solution here
> too.  We'll try to build something that can then be retrofitted into Isis
> "proper", and which plays nicely (somehow) with users/roles being also
> managed in LDAP.

I have a small doubt here.
Maybe it is just temporarily but it seems Apache Shiro project has some
development issues lately.
Users fill issues at their JIRA and no one addresses them.
They don't have new committers since 2 years.
There was a security fix this year but apart from it there is no active
development for a rather long period of time -
https://github.com/apache/shiro/commits/1.2.x.
Les (the main guy) just committed a rather big refactoring in the 2.x
branch - https://github.com/apache/shiro/commits/2.0-api-design-changes.

So there is a hope for the project, but I don't feel comfortable to
recommend Shiro to my clients.
Unfortunately the alternatives are even worse.

Just my 2c.