Hi,

On 4/5/06, Jukka Zitting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The indexer uses observation events to trigger the indexing of nodes
> so the process is asynchronous.

... or it would be if the observation was asynchronous. :-) Marcel's
detailed response got me doublechecking my assumptions and it turns
out that the indexer uses the Jackrabbit-specific synchronous
observation events instead of the asynchronous events specified by
JCR.

Marcel, just out of curiosity, would it be possible to run the indexer
using asynchronous events or would that cause some complications?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

--
Yukatan - http://yukatan.fi/ - [EMAIL PROTECTED]