So, the place for the blob files must be, or only can be, in the same tree of
jboss files where is the Repository Server. About the db, ok, it can be on
another independent machine.
The only issue I think in store blob outside the db is referente to backup
methods. The blob in filesystem is faster to search and manipulate than if it
is stored in a db.