Julian Reschke wrote:
as far as I understand, the TCK is supposed to run against an L1 (== read only) repository. For instance, the property tests certainly try to find testable properties without having to create them...

Now, AbstractJCRTest.cleanUpTestRoot fails due to UnsupportedOperationExceptions over here. Shouldn't the whole method only excute when isSupported(LEVEL2)? Or am I missing a parameter to set to keep the tests from trying to do the write accesses?

All Level 1 tests should set the isReadOnly in their setUp() method before super.setUp() is called. E.g. AbstractPropertyTest does this:

        isReadOnly = true;
        super.setUp();
        [...]

This will have the effect that only level 2 tests call cleanUpTestRoot in setUp() or tearDown().

When you run the TCK on a repository implementation all tests will be executed. On a level 1 repository even the level 2 tests will be executed but most certainly fail. This does not have an effect on the level 1 compliance.

regards
 marcel