On 8/11/06, Michael Wechner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi

I tried to figure out how Jackrabbit does the UUID 2 Path resolving and
also wanted to ask if someone
here can share his/her experience re scalability re UUID 2 Path resolving.

I was wondering what will happen if one let's say has a million
"documents" with a deep hierarchy and starts to
rename a path just below the root, e.g.  /home/michi/.... to
/home/michael ....

that would be a very lean operation. paths are built dynamically in jackrabbit,
using a tree-based cache for better performance. the move would just
flush the relevant subtree from the path cache.

cheers
stefan

Any pointers or hints are very welcome.

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]